We take advantage of every opportunity to contribute towards activities within our community and to include the community within the school life. Here are some examples of this partnership:
- We invite the community to our school events and celebrations
- We provide opportunities for the community to become involved with the pupils’ work e.g. by marking and judging children’s annual projects, Easter Bonnets and various competitions.
- The WI have a garden at the school
- We work in close partnership with Peniel and Rhydargaeau’s Community Association.
Click here for a direct link to the Association’s Website www.peniel.org.uk
- We invite and encourage local and neighbouring residents to talk to the pupils about their work, their experiences and any other relevant curricular topics
- We visit local businesses such as farms, Gwili Pottery, Peniel Chapel, Capel y Groes Church and Abergwili Chapel.
- The Vicar Leigh Richardson, Reverend Geraint Morse and Reverend Ken Williams hold regular services at the school for the pupils.
- The above examples are weaved into our schemes of work
- The school is also a venue for various clubs and night classes e.g. Welsh classes and youth club activities.
Celebrating 50years of Peniel School